ATTENTION:LUXCORE PLUS PANELS MUST BE ACCLIMATIZED FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE INSTALLATION.
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO INSTALLATION
DISCLAIMER PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE BEGINNING INSTALLATION
The guidelines provided herein have been established in good faith to help prevent installation problems caused by common errors. The manufacturer and/or distributor of the product bears no responsibility for installation actions taken or not taken.
There are many nuances of installation that are assumed to be general construction knowledge to an experienced installer; such nuances are not included in these instructions. Rather, these installation guidelines are strictly recommendations and are not intended to serve as a step-by-step, foolproof installation checklist. Selection of an experienced FRP installer is the sole responsibility of the project owner and architect. ATI or its associated distributor’s do not accept any responsibility for job failure resulting from or associated with improper job site conditions.
ATI Decorative Laminates believes all information contained herein to be correct. It is the responsibility of the fabricator/customer to completely test the adhesives and methods of fabrication to ensure that the results are satisfactory. Failure to comply with the following instructions, as well as the adhesive manufacturers’ instructions, may result in significant installation problems. ATI is not responsible for any fabrication or ancillary costs involved with using LuxCore Plus products.
Please inspect LuxCore Plus panels for any imperfections prior to installing; once installed, panels may be very difficult to remove.
Panels should be stored inside in a cool, well-ventilated, dry area on the original shipping pallet. Do not place panels on a concrete floor or any other surface that emits moisture. Panels should be laid flat, not on edge. Panels should be climatized in the area they will be installed for a minimum of 24-48 hours.
In order to cut LuxCore Plus panels most effectively, a fine-tooth saw blade is recommended. Swivel-head shears may be utilized for small cutouts or trims. For pre-drilled fastener holes, a diamond-coated or carbide drill bit is recommended. If the installation requires adhesive, it is recommended to utilize the trowel with the notch pattern suggested by the adhesive manufacturer, since, the trowel used to apply the adhesive can have a great effect on the success or failure of the installation.
If not using trim strips, it is recommended that the edges be properly trimmed with a router. This will mitigate showing “white lines” from the factory edges of the panel. A commercial high speed router using a Bosch 3/8” Laminate Trim Bit with ball bearing, carbide tip, and roller tip (when appropriate) is recommended.
- LuxCore Plus Panels
- Optional Trim
- Silicone Sealant
- Soap, Water, & Damp Cloth for Panel Clean-Up
- Mineral Spirits to Remove Excess Adhesive or Silicone Sealant
For applications requiring adhesive, suggestions include (Titebond fast grab FRP) adhesive or
(Titebond® Advanced Polymer) Panel Adhesive (applied with a notched trowel). Titebond® Panel
Adhesive should be applied in a crosshatch pattern to the wall, enabling even distribution of
substrate. For best results, Titebond® panel adhesive should be stored above 50°F.
Due to the abrasive nature of the adhesive, it is highly recommended that those working with
the adhesive, wear protective safety equipment which include, but are not limited to the
following: safety glasses, gloves, and a filter mask.
Nylon drive rivets, or corrosion resistant screws are appropriate fastener options. If fasteners will be used in the installation, panels should be pre-drilled using a drill bit that is 1/8”-1/4” larger than the fastener. During installation, holes drilled into the substrate should also be made 1/8”- 1/4” larger. This is required to allow room for expansion and contraction of the panels.
As temperature and humidity levels fluctuate, LuxCore Plus panels will expand and contract. Therefore, adequate space must be allowed around panel edges, holes drilled in panels, and around fixtures attached to the panel/wall. Please refer to the expansion joint chart below for spacing at ceiling, floor and between panels.
EXPANSION JOINT CHART
|PANEL SIZE||4 X 8||4 X 10|
|Gap at ceiling||1/4"||3/8"|
|Gap at floor||1/4"||3/8"|
|Gap between panel and center of 1 piece molding||1/8"||3/16"|
|Gap between panel and center of 2 piece molding||1/4"||3/8"|
|Gap between panel without molding||1/4"||3/8"|
|Gap around rivets||1/8"||3/16"|
|Gap between panels and wall fixtures||1/8"||1/4"|
EXPANSION JOINT LAYOUT
Note: For best results, LuxCore Plus panels should be used in conditions which result in temperatures that are less than or exceed the allowable temperature ranges.
Do not use in areas exposed to temperatures exceeding 200°F for extended periods of time, or to intense or continuous direct sunlight.
STEP 1 – PLANNING AND CUTTING
- Fit each panel in advance before fastening and/or adhering in place.
- Perform all cutting and drilling prior to adhesive application.
- If not using trim strips, it is recommended that the edges be properly trimmed with a router. This will mitigate showing “white lines” from the factory edges of the panel. A commercial high speed router using a Bosch 3/8” Laminate Trim Bit with ball bearing, carbide tip, and roller tip (when appropriate) is recommended.
- Verify that substrate surface has no bumps or uneven areas.
- Pre-drill rivet holes using a bit that is 1/8”-1/4” larger than rivet allowing for panel expansion according to the sizes in the chart on the previous page.
- Plan ahead for cove or base molding. Base molding should be installed in such a manner as not to restrict the LuxCore Plus panel’s normal movement. Cut panels 1/4” short of where the base molding will extend; poured molding should be in place prior to installation.
- Mark a plumb line 48-1/8” from the corner. In areas where several courses of panels are used, such as on a high wall, use vertical and horizontal lines to assure alignment.
STEP 2 – INSTALLING ON WALL
- Install one piece of corner molding and apply silicone sealant in molding groove.
- If using rivets, drill holes into substrate through the pre-drilled holes in panel.
- If using Titebond® Advanced Polymer Panel Adhesive, or Fast Grab FRP Adhesive, apply adhesive to panel using adhesive manufacturer’s recommended notched trowel to ensure good adhesion.
- Set first panel true to plumb line.
- If using adhesive, firmly roll over the panel using a laminate roller, starting at the top corner nearest the molding rolling down and away toward the opposite edge, eliminating air pockets.
- If using fasteners, install fasteners as each panel is put into place and before the next division bar or molding strip is applied. Begin fastening at top edge and work towards the opposite end. Apply silicone sealant prior to inserting rivets or fasteners. Install fasteners one row at a time.
- Install on-piece division bar and caps or next molding piece by laying down a bead of silicone in molding groove and sliding completely onto the panel. Withdraw the molding or division bar 1/8” to provide proper spacing. The free edge of the molding or division bar may be tacked in place, if preferred, before installing the next panel.
- If using Titebond® Advanced Polymer Panel Adhesive and fasteners are not used, a few nails may be placed at the top (above the ceiling grid line) to help hold panels in place while the adhesive cures. Once cured, the nails must be removed, as they do not allow for normal panel expansion and contraction.
- Repeat the process, working in one direction around the room.
STEP 3 – COMPLETING PANEL INSTALLATION
- Be sure to apply silicone sealant in all molding and around all panel edges, fasteners, and fixtures to prevent moisture from penetrating behind panels.
- Remove any residue left by adhesive as recommended by manufacturer.
- Clean panels thoroughly prior to leaving jobsite.
CONDITIONS & WARRANTY
ATI Decorative Laminates believes all information contained herein to be correct. It is the responsibility of the fabricator/customer to completely test the adhesives and methods of fabrication to ensure that the results are satisfactory. ATI is not responsible for any fabrication or ancillary costs involved with using LuxCore Plus products.
All shipments are to be inspected within 10 working days after delivery. We are to be informed in writing of any potential adjustment necessary. The seller’s only obligation will be to replace defective sheets on a one to one basis. Neither the manufacturer nor the seller shall be liable for any additional damage or loss, directly or indirectly, arising as a result of using LuxCore products. Slight imperfections and color variations from sheet to sheet are possible and considered normal.
Please inspect each sheet carefully before fabrication to ensure it meets your needs.