MirroFlex™ Structures DIY Backsplash Panels are deeply textured laminates. They have high impact resistance and are available in a wide variety of patterns and finishes.
Size - 18” x 24” Backsplash panels.
Most MirroFlex™ Structures ship with clear protective film or with TuffCote™. It is recommended to remove the protective film prior to installation.
MirroFlex™ Structures can easily be cut to size with a razor knife and scissors, saw blades, and drilling tools for thermoplastics. When fabricating MirroFlex™, always cut from the decorated side, through the finish. Never cut from the back.
Cleaning and Care
Clean only with warm soapy water or a typical window cleaner. Never use abrasive cleaners.
We recommend LOCTITE PL Premium in 10 oz. and 28 oz. tubes. A 10 oz. tube covers 2 panels and the 28 oz. tube covers 5 panels when using a 3/16th to ¼-inch bead. These panels can also be easily installed using double-sided adhesive strips.
- Clean white cloths
- Mineral spirits
- Square edge or ruler
- A good pair of scissors or a utility
Installing Backsplash Panels
- Before starting the installation, remove all outlet covers and be sure surface is dry, smooth, and free from dust, grease, wax, and other particles.*
- Measure the area to be covered horizontally to determine how many tiles and how much adhesive or how many adhesive rolls you will need across (if using adhesive strips). Measure the height of your backsplash to determine if any trimming is necessary.
- Apply desired method of adhesive, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- MirroFlex Backsplash Panels are designed with a built-in overlap which is a flat edge on the top and right of each panel, allowing the next panel to overlap and make the seam less Starting at the left side of your backsplash, place tiles with some pressure to ensure a strong hold. (Be sure to remove protective masking if your tiles came with one). As you work from left to right you want to make sure that the flat edge is always on the right.
NOTE: If your installation has a focal point, such as a centered area over the sink or stove, measure the center and use as your starting point, work from the focal point outward. It is recommended to dry fit the first panel to ensure that the measurements are correct and the placement is to your liking.
- Make sure to apply a bit of your selected adhesive over the flat edge and the wall between tiles for extra hold.
- Carefully apply your second tile making sure to line them up correctly and apply pressure to the tile for a strong bond.
- Continue this process until you reach the last Depending on the size of your backsplash, you may need to cut the last tile to fit. Caulking the edges of the panels where they meet countertops and existing backsplash or around outlet covers will protect from dirt and moisture.
* The method you choose for cleaning prior to application must be compatible with the surface you are cleaning (e.g. denatured alcohol, degreaser, soap & water, TSP, Greased Lightning, etc.). Check the manufacturer’s label directions for instructions on using the product.
Conditions & Warranty
ATI Decorative Laminates warrants to the original consumer purchaser for one (1) year after date of purchase that, under normal use and service, MirroFlex products are free from manufacturing defects and conform to published specifications. MirroFlex products are intended for primarily interior applications.
Slight imperfections and color variations can occur and are considered normal. Please inspect each product carefully before fabrication to ensure it meets your needs. ATI is not responsible for any fabrication or ancillary costs involved with using its products.